As everybody knows, hair is essential in our life. Every girl out there wishes to have hair that is strong, long, and silky. Healthy hair makes a person more confident and looks more charming. To have strong and healthy hair is a blessing for every girl, and it’s like a god’s gift. Every girl has the desire to look beautiful and attractive, and they want their hair to look gorgeous. Hair is the first thing for every girl who they notice when they look at the mirror, and hair can also impact the way you define yourself to yourself.
Hair loss has become a common problem nowadays due to increased stress or any other reason. All beauty is incomplete without thick hair in such a situation if there is no hair or baldness starts appearing on the head, what will be worse. Hair transplant treatment is the solution to remove these troubles, but this treatment is not natural. Today, due to advanced medical science, hair transplant has become very easy. There are many reasons for hair loss, comprising of diet, mineral deficiency, stress, pollution, genetics, etc.
Hair transplant is the best surgical method that gives rise to remove hair follicles from one part of the scalp to a balding of the body. Male hair loss primarily affects the top and front of the scalp and often presents itself as a receding hairline. Loss of hair on the scalp’s vertex and hair either thins out because female hair loss is typically shown as a thinning of hair or occurs in the frontal and parietal.
Male pattern hair loss is due to genetics, and female hair loss remains unclear. Pattern hair loss is seen in the 50s that affects about half of men and a quarter of women. Hair loss is mostly caused by baldness. Numerous people lose their hair in circular or patchy bald spots on the scalp, beard, and eyebrows due to which our skin may become itchy or painful before the hair falls out. Baldness generally leads to excessive hair loss from your scalp of the head.
Hereditary hair loss is the most common source of balding by age. Gradual thinning on top of the head is the most common type of hair loss that affects people as they age. For men, hair often begins to recede at the hairline on the forehead. Women typically have a broadening of the part in their hair. An increasingly common hair loss pattern in older women is a dwindle hairline.
Hair follicles: Hair follicles are dynamic organs found in the scalp. It resides in the dermal layer of skin and consists of 20 different cell types, each having a distinct function. Hair follicles are tiny holes or pores in our skin, and their primary purpose is to grow hair. It looks like a tunnel-shaped structure situated in the outer layer of the skin. The roots of your hair are made up of Protein and also provide nutrition.
The natural oil produced by sebaceous glands near the hair follicles keeps the hair and scalp hydrated. Hair follicles play a vital role in deciding how your hair looks. The shape is related to the hair type, i.e., circular hair follicles have straight hair, while oval hair follicles hair curlier hair. The hair follicles regulate hair growth and complex interaction between hormones and immune cells.
Hair transplants are the last thing for many people, while a person is experiencing baldness and hair loss. Continuously but hair loss is a common problem faced by every person.
Often, a question comes in the mind of many people, what is the success rate of hair transplant.
The success rate of hair transplants mainly depends on various elements such as the condition of the hair on the head of the person, the health of the person, etc. If a person has very thick hair, then this surgery is more successful for him. Another way to determine the success of a hair transplant is to choose a surgeon who has enough experience doing a hair transplant. The success rate of hair transplants has also been measured as to how the hair of a person is after this surgery, although it may take a few months to ascertain this expected result.
Yes, the success of hair transplant surgery depends on an excellent team of operations and fortunately. It also depends on how well the job is done and also what we expect out of a procedure. The process of hair restoration procedure has to do with the high aesthetic sense as well as the surgical skills that only a perfectionist surgeon can fulfill the needs of their patients that he or she wants.
The process of hair restoration procedure has to do with the high aesthetic sense as well as the surgical skills that only a perfectionist surgeon can fulfill the needs of their patients that he or she wants.
Hair transplant surgery is the best decision if you are looking for the best natural outcomes and last for a very long time. The result of a hair transplant also depends upon the donor area and what the patient’s objective is and the quality of the donor’s hair. This is the method of regaining hair back with the help of a patient’s hair follicles and has been observed worldwide that more than 90% of hair grafts are planted successfully.
The success of a hair transplant is judged by the appearance of the person’s hair after the operation has fully grown, usually taking eight months. The transplanted hair becomes completely mature and continues to grow for a lifetime.
The point of an effective hair transplant procedure is two folds.
- The number of hair follicles that are accessible for transplant and the executable of those hair follicles.
- The expertise of the surgeon and how and where the hair graft is placed.
According to statistics, the success rate of hair transplant is more than 95 percent. It is a very successful surgery in this form. Through it, many people have gotten rid of baldness as we all know that many people are troubled by the problem of hair, mainly due to pollution, external eating, drinking bad water, etc. A person suffering from this problem is much stressed and has to be humiliated repeatedly in his life.
What to Do Before Getting a Hair Transplant?
Below mentioned are the key things that you should keep in mind before getting the hair transplant:
- Before getting a hair transplant, you should wash your hair twice in the morning before surgery so that your scalp does not have dirt, so the risk of allergy is reduced and leave the head open.
- Wear loose clothing if you are going to have a hair transplant.
- If you are a diabetes patient, then you must consult your doctor on the day of surgery that your doctor guides you on diabetes tablets or insulin.
- Avoid applying any chemical in the hair before the transplant because hair transplant is a kind of surgery.
- You should not take any type of antibiotics and hard medicines for a week before a hair transplant.
- Don’t receive any hair spa treatment.
- Please note that before surgery, hair should not be coloured and hair should not be cut.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol, vitamins before your hair transplant.
- It is highly recommended that you talk to your physician to see if any medications you are on will cause a reaction to hair transplant surgery.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything after midnight or the night before your surgery.
- Don’t smoke three days before surgery and especially not on the day of the surgery because it reduces blood flow to the scalp of the head. Don’t drink coffee on the day of your surgery.
There are numerous things before you opt for a hair transplant that you must have full knowledge about them before having it. If you take care of these before getting a hair transplant for the first time, you will not face any issue after the hair transplant surgery. Do proper research because the best selection will give the best result.
Are Hair Transplants Painful?
The people who develop thin or bald spots due to extreme hair fall are left with no choice but to have a hair transplant if they want to regrow their hair again. People become concerned about pain factors when they plan to get a hair transplant. The treatment is almost painless since the procedure is carried out.
Local anesthesia helps you to avoid pain because it is a surgical treatment; administering anesthesia is obligatory to keep the patient at ease during the procedure. Once the anesthesia sets in, you can hardly feel any pain during surgery. At the treatment site, local anesthesia is administered through a tiny injection. The transplant area will stay for several hours to avoid pain during the procedure.
Some soreness can be felt after the procedure, which goes away in a few days.
The side effects caused by a hair transplant are usually very minor and disappear within the span of a few weeks. This includes the following results–
- Bleeding out
- The most common side effect is scarring and thus cannot be avoided with any procedure.
- Scalp pain, itching, and swallowing
- Losing sensation around the surgical sites
- The visible area of hairs don’t match the surrounding hairs or are noticeable
- Inflammation of hair follicles
- Head skin inflammation
- Bruising around the eyes
- Formation of a layer on the part of the head from which hair is removed or on the region where the implant is placed
- Loss of sensation in the treated area of the scalp
- Swelling or infection in the hair follicles
- Temporary sudden hair loss. In medical parlance, it is called “shock loss”(Freckles)
All the above side effects are widespread, and one can quickly get the solution with the recommended medications mandatory.
What is the Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) Technique?
The FUT hair transplant or the follicular unit transplant associates the strip harvesting from the back and side of the scalp of the head where the hair roots are preordained to remain permanent. It involves the simple incision and suture, followed by the advanced closure technique. The Follicular unit transplant technique gives the best lasting result because of the extraction of resistant hair roots, and this technique involves the simple surgical step for the incision to harvest.
The incision is done in such a manner that a longitudinal strip is excised and contains some follicular units in a single time. The piece is sent to the process of dissection processes where expert technicians dissect every single graft under the higher magnification microscopes. Finally, the examined follicular unit is implanted into the recipient balding part of the scalp. The FUT hair transplant is targeted to obtain the hair grafts only from the safe donor zone of the scalp, which gives the permanent result in nature.
Grafts holding a small cluster of hairs are removed from the donor area of hair in a strip and are then sent to the cutting room where under the higher magnification of microscope graft are cleaned and separated. It is the reason grafts are placed into the slots which are made in the bald area. These are uniformly ascendant follicular units. If transplanted well with the recipient, natural growth in the bald area of the scalp. The FUT hair restoration is the widely accepted technique that is suitable for offering the highest density hair transplant on the patient’s scalp.
Who is the Eligible Patient for Opting for The FUT Hair Transplant?
- Patients having a healthy donor supply because here the donor area from where the hair roots are excised and so has a significant role in hair transplant surgery.
- Stability concern of the safe donor area plays a significant role in the hair transplant surgery to obtain the graft only from the safe donor part to get the permanent hair roots. A stable donor area which encloses the acceptable number of hair roots without the chances of autoimmune diseases fear.
- The scalp must free from the autoimmune disorder when the immune system responds positively, attracts the body’s cell, and thus occurs autoimmune disease. The Alopecia aerate, or the spot baldness is a type of autoimmune disorder in which small round and white patches present all over the scalp in the form of hair loss. So it would be absolutely faculty to harvest the first strip for the graft extraction that forbids the hair transplant procedure.
- The flexibility, perturb of the scalp does not matter in the hair transplant procedure as it makes the harvesting process smooth. The patient must have a flexible scalp to get a simple inclusion for grafts. The scalp indulgence has a vital role in the hair transplant procedure, but if a patient possesses an exceptionally tight scalp, it forbids the option of hair transplant surgery.
- The patient should not be suspected with the DUPA or diffusion, unpatterned hair loss is a condition in which hair loss does not occur in a distinct pattern and affect mainly the back and side of the scalp. DUPA affects all over the scalp area, including the safe donor part. It does not allow the possibility of the FUT hair transplant technique.
How Does FUE Transplant Work?
The surgical process of hair transplant is implemented to treat the baldness by merely inserting the hair follicles of healthy grafts on the bald area. It is done by removing the specimen from one part of the body and getting the hair injection done.
Today hair transplant has taken a very progressive turn with a minimally invasive technique to treat male pattern baldness. Healthy grafts are resistant to baking only select from the location where hair does not suffer from falling or weakness. Not only the scalp hair but also the eyelashes, braid hair alike can be retreated using hair transplantation therapy accruing from accident or surgery.
A hair transplant is a modern method of giving natural-looking hair and a healthier approach than skin grafting. While hair naturally grows in experimental groups 1 to 4 hairs under the present technique, hair therapy is quite a feeling. It is very close to nature and also does not propound any complications or after-effects. The sort of hair transplant in which a group of hair is interjected using extraction is called follicular unit extraction (FUE). The follicular unit transplantation linear skin strips are excised for hair injection. Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) process of hair transplantation involves erasing hair follicles and grafting them onto an excerpt of the head that’s balding. A new automated system being used by Ungraft promises to harvest more hair.
- The area of the head where hair follicles are going to be collected is cleaned and numbed with lidocaine, local anesthesia.
- Follicular unit group of four hairs along with surrounding skin are removed from the donor site via the neograft, a motorized vacuum unit.
- Transplant sites are marked incisions made. The follicular units are then inserted into incisions
- They then covered the surgical sites with a bandage or gauze.
Assessment before the operation:
Patients who have baldness at their large portion of the head usually opt for FUT because this one is cheaper than FUE. However, this can be one after analyzing the patient’s scalp; the surgeon advises on the best approach. It could also take some additional sittings on how to proceed and what the result might be anticipated.
Folliscopy is a great help to determine the volume of hair to know how much grafts are expected for accurate transplantation.
The surgeon also instructs patients on what to follow and what to abstain from. He can impose topical creams and vitamins before proceeding, even advising patients to hold alcohol or smoking interruption as it could cause weak graft strength. To dry the wound after grafting, antibiotics are prescribed.
Before deciding for surgery, what does a patient know well about hair transplants?
Before deciding for surgery, one should do proper research as the best selection will give you the best result. Firstly, discuss all the problems that concern and goals with your surgeon. Your surgeon can help you to choose the right procedure method for your individual needs. Please consult two-three clinics before finalizing one that you have a clear understanding of all the risks involved during and after the procedure. This is very important to keep in mind when making a comparison among the clinics; please do not go for the cheaper ones; because they do not provide the guarantee of their services to produce a satisfactory natural hair transplant. Make sure to get these things cleared beforehand.
Your surgeon must have all the latest medical equipment and techniques. He should be well experienced and ought to be from the most prestigious medical college with at least eight years of experience. Select a clinic with a permanent surgeon because it is crucial to choose to work permanently with a clinic. There are several clinics where surgeons work for a short period. It is indeed a lousy situation for the patient as we know that the outcome of a hair transplant can be seen after twelve (12) months. In that case, the patient will suffer any infection or problems that need to be discussed with our surgeon. It is the essential thing that Operation theater should have all sterilized and hygienic equipment for successful hair transplant.
Here are Some Aftercare Tips for Hair Transplant Surgery:
- Wait for a few days after the surgery to wash your hair. Only use a mild shampoo for the first week.
- You should be able to return to normal activities in about three days.
- Don’t press a brush or comb down over the new graft for about three weeks after the surgery.
- Don’t wear any hats and pullover shirts and jackets until your doctor says ok.
- Don’t exercise for about a week after hair transplant surgery. Don’t worry if small hairs fall out. This is part of the process. Transplanted hair does not grow much or seamlessly the hair around it after a few weeks of getting a hair transplant.